Table of Contents
Dialpad vs. RingCentral: Which is Right for You?
The options for Unified Communications solutions can be overwhelming due to a large number of providers in the market and the varying product offerings.
RingCentral vs. Dialpad is a standard comparison, as both platforms are leading providers of business phone systems with robust feature sets. Gartner recognizes RingCentral as a Leader and Dialpad as a Visionary in their “Magic Quadrant for UCaaS” for 2022.
Keep reading for a full breakdown of RingCentral vs. Dialpad so you can choose the best service for your business. If you have more questions or are interested in a price quote, please get in touch with Brightlio. We would love to assist.
Dialpad is a unified communications and contact center platform with roots in AI. Formerly called UberConference, they rebranded to Dialpad when they launched their full UCaaS and CCaaS suites.
Dialpad AI-powered contact centers support desk phones, softphone apps, and desktop software. This cloud communication platform and phone system help businesses of all sizes stay organized using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. Dialpad’s AI-powered contact center and speech-to-text features are differentiators for their product.
As an aside, they also have a hilarious song for the hold music on their conference bridge. Written in a country western style, it is about a guy waiting for a conference call to begin. It’s clever, and many of our customers have gotten a kick out of it.
As a customer of UberConference previously, I appreciate that they kept their reservation-less conferencing feature that doesn’t require a pin. It makes it very easy for guests to join a call.
RingCentral is the revenue leader in the Unified Communications space with over 20% market share. They offer solutions for unified communications, contact centers, video conferencing, and other communication tasks.
The company aims to simplify communications, allowing teams to connect efficiently. RingCentral unifies telephony, conferencing, and chat into a single platform.
Dialpad vs. RingCentral: Side-by-Side Comparison
So how do these two business communication platforms compare? Below is a comprehensive breakdown of what each company offers and how they differ, from pricing to customer support to call quality.
Dialpad Pricing & Service Tiers
How much does Dialpad cost? Dialpad has three pricing tiers to choose from, as outlined below. Brightlio can assist with discounts and promotions, so please get in touch with us for a quote.
- Standard: $15/month per user billed annually ($23 per user billed monthly). Includes:
- Unlimited phone calls
- Unlimited SMS and MMS
- AI-powered call and voice message transcriptions (This is a real differentiator in their product!)
- Integration with M365 and Google Workspace
- Dialpad meetings features including unlimited meetings for up to 10 participants of 45 minutes or shorter with HD audio and video
- 24×5 web and chat support (Note: No support on weekends, and no phone support with the Standard tier)
- Pro: $25/month per user billed annually ($35 per user billed monthly). Includes the Standard tier plus advanced features like:
- Local number support in over 70 countries
- Multiple phone numbers per account
- 25 ring groups
- Ten office locations
- Global SMS capabilities
- Integrations with CRMs, including Salesforce, Zendesk, HubSpot, Zoho, and more
- Dialpad meetings features expanded to five hours per meeting
- Open APIs and webhooks
- 24/7 support
- Enterprise: Must request a quote for pricing. Includes the Pro features plus:
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Unlimited office locations
- Unlimited ring groups
- Extension dialing
- Integration with single sign-on solutions like Okta and OneLogin
- Data retention
- Priority live support
For most of our clients, Pro is the sweet spot, as it adds more advanced calling features to the Standard plan. The integration with CRMs adds much value, as calls can be made and notes are logged in the CRM. Also, the upgrade to 24×7 live agent support is valuable. Basic users without a need for 24×7 support or CRM integration may get by with the Standard tier.
RingCentral Pricing & Service Tiers
RingCentral has four offering tiers:
- Essentials: $19.99/month per user billed annually ($32.99 per user billed monthly)
- Up to only 20 users only. For above 20 users, you must move to a higher plan.
- Business or toll-free numbers.
- Unlimited calls in US and Canada.
- Enhanced business SMS
- Team messaging
- Document sharing
- Standard: $27.99/month per user billed annually ($40.99 per user billed monthly). Includes Essentials features plus:
- No cap on the user count
- Business phone numbers in 100 countries
- Unlimited internet fax
- Unlimited audio conferencing
- RingCentral video meetings with up to 100 participants
- 24-hour meeting duration (That’s a long meeting!)
- Quality-of-service reporting
- Integrations with Microsoft 365, Slack, Google Workspace, and more
- 24/7 support
- Premium: $34.99/month per user billed annually ($47.99 per user billed monthly). Includes standard features plus:
- Automatic call recording
- Single sign-on
- Multi-site admin and management
- Up to 8-digit extensions with site codes
- Hot desking
- Advanced call handlings like whisper and barge
- Video meetings with up to 200 participants
- Real-time analytics
- Integration with CRMs like Salesforce and Zendesk, and integrations with Canvas, Smarsh, and more
- Custom developer integrations
- Ultimate: $49.99/month per user billed annually ($62.99 per user billed monthly). Includes Premium features plus:
- Device status alerts and reports
- Unlimited storage
A few things stand out when comparing the two companies plans.
Dialpad’s Standard and Pro plans offer many businesses the best combination of features and price. For larger enterprises, or businesses requiring support for international countries not supported by Dialpad, RingCentral may be a better fit.
Call Quality and Reliability
RingCentral vs. Dialpad call and video quality are comparable. Both communication platforms offer excellent uptime and clear audio and video. So, you won’t notice much difference when comparing the audio and video quality side by side.
Dialpad guarantees 100% uptime, and RingCentral guarantees 99.999% uptime. As no service provider can truly guarantee 100% uptime, the reliability is functionally equivalent.
Keep in mind that internet connectivity is a crucial aspect of the reliability of a cloud-based phone system. You will need an adequate broadband or dedicated internet connection to ensure reliability, and reduce latency and jitter. SD-WAN solutions also improve performance by prioritizing voice and video traffic. SD-WAN is also a great MPLS alternative for smaller networks with lower budgets.
Many businesses want to integrate other platforms into their communication platform to streamline operations.
RingCentral and Dialpad have a long list of available integrations, but RingCentral’s list is longer. However, you cannot take advantage of the integrations on RingCentral unless you are on a higher pricing plan.
RingCentral may be the better choice for companies with particular integrations, but Dialpad makes integrations more accessible in the lower tiers.
Technically, RingCentral offers more comprehensive customer support. They are available by phone, chat, or email 24/7 for all pricing tiers. Dialpad only provides 24/5 live support on the standard plan, and it only includes chat and email.
Below are a few commonly asked questions.
Do Dialpad and RingCentral have free trials?
Yes! Both communication platforms offer free trials for new customers. Dialpad has a 14-day free trial with all its features, and RingCentral has a comparable 15-day free trial. The RingCentral free trial is for new customers only, and up to five users. Contact Brightlio, and we can set you up with a trial quickly for either solution.
Can you use these platforms for international communication?
Both platforms support international phone numbers. RingCentral supports 106 countries and territories via messaging, video, and phone. Dialpad can connect you with over 62 countries, but four (China, Luxembourg, Singapore, and Turkey) are listed as “temporarily unavailable.”
The markets currently offered by Ringcentral that are not provided by DialPad are:
|Belarus||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Reunion||Saint Pierre and Miquelon|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Tunisia|
|United Arab Emirates||Uruguay|
If your business needs local presence in the markets listed, RingCentral may be the best fit, given its broader global scale. The Republic of Georgia is the only market listed on DialPad’s site not listed on RingCentral’s.
Can I use RingCentral and Dialpad on a mobile device?
Yes, both have mobile apps available on Android and Apple devices. These apps handle calls, messages, videos, Voice Intelligence, meetings, and more.
RingCentral vs. Dialpad is a tight competition. For most small to medium businesses, Dialpad edges out Ringcentral. Their Standard and Pro tiers offer more value at a lower price than RingCentral’s Essentials and Standard levels. Also, their AI engine is a differentiator. Seeing this is worth your time for a demo on its own.
That said, Ringcentral is the market share leader for a reason. They have more enterprise customers, more experience with global deployments, and greater scale. If you are a large organization with a worldwide footprint, Ringcentral is a better fit for you.
How Can Brightlio Help?
If you are interested in learning more about Dialpad or RingCentral or would like to review quotes for Unified Communications or Contact Center solutions, Brightlio would love to help. We partner with Dialpad, Vonage, RingCentral, and more and can customize a unified communications solution based on your needs and budget. Our team has two decades of telephony expertise. There is never a cost for quotes or solution designs.
If you enjoyed this comparison, you may also like our other comparisons including:
a new project together